Friday, May 6, 2011

To be or not to be?

Exam is on the 16th of May and I am now rambling about appearances.
The world has never been fair at the first place.
Some people were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and some were born at the dingiest alley filled with cockroaches and rats. Ant there's some people like me, who's fortunate and blessed enough to be born in a typical average family with food laid on the table during mealtimes.

So, what relevance does my blog title have with what I have just written?

As I was visiting blogs of food bloggers, one of them actually talked about Dawn Yang and Xiaxue. What intrigues me more is that... he actually print screened an entry that was written by xiaxue bashing about Dawn Yang's plasticized face and intellect.

It was interesting to read and so, I went and do a little bit more research of Dawn Yang's website...and some of the before and after pictures.

(Yes i was stalking. :( I have stopped my fb activities since it's nearing exams. But i need a place to rant!)

At the first glance, Dawn is indeed pretty. She looks like a mixture of dutch and asian heritage. With her big eyes, her perfectly pointy nose, high cheekbones, luscious lips and a small pointy chin. She sounded almost "ethereal" to me. But there is a price to pay for the beauty that she is having. And I'm not only referring to her, many celebrities and people have their fair share on being under the knife. Eye-enlargement, cheek-fillers, nose job, mouth filler to make it fuller and the oh-so-famous BOTOX.

No doubt, with a beautiful face, you will get special treatment. If you're a girl, a guy waiter would automatically refill your water, attend to your every little needs.
If you're going to a club, you will be granted the VIP access whereas "normal looking" girls would have to queue to get in.

Would you want to get a special treatment based on your looks or genuine treatment from a person with a heart?

What if you're married and your children does not hold any resemblance to you? Would you wake up every morning,feeling happy or would you be shocked/horrified to see another person in the mirror staring back at you?

I would want to be pretty. I want to have big round eyes, sharp nose, a more oval face, a slimmer body. But right now, I'm contented by being just me. I may not have big round sparkly eyes, perfectly sculpted nose, a nice pointy chin and a figure to die for. But I have amazing friends. :) Friends who have been with me through thick and thin. Friends who wouldn't judge how I dressed like. Friends who are being sincere to me.

But oh well,at the end of the day, it's always nice to dress up during special occasions and get that "cinderella" feeling once in a while. After all, it's not that bad getting "special treatments" and "compliments" once in a while, rite? :)

P/s: i'm not dissing anyone who wears make up or have undergone a plastic surgery. It's a democratic world. :) Oh yes, and also people who are born with defects, e.g. cleft lip...you are of course entitled to your rights for plastic surgery. Therefore, plastic surgery ain't that bad after all and people should just stop judging.
And last but not least, just be comfortable for who you are.
And quote from Bruno Mars,
"You're amazing, just the way you are." :)

1 comment:

Wyn said...

U r beauuuutiful wifey :) inside and out.